Our client, an established main contractor have a vacancy for a Construction Site Manager to join their team
- Manage projects from first day on site through to completion.
- Help develop, plan and implement the programme.
- Responsibility for identifying manpower requirements.
- Responsibility for management of sub-contractors and direct employees on site.
- Consult and liaise with subcontractors re programme.
- Responsibility for ensuring all resources are available on site when required – equipment, tools etc.
- Responsible for controlling Variations in consultation with QS
- Responsible for keeping project within Budget. Close liaison with QS required.
- Ensure compliance with Building Regs, Fire Regs etc.
- Ensure overall quality of works on site.
- Responsible for ensuring Snagging / Finishing is carried out to a very high standard.
- Responsibility for complying with ISO procedures for ordering materials, checking materials, document control , H&S etc
- Responsibility for ensuring reporting on the contract is being carried out effectively.
- Responsibility for site H & S in consultation with H&S Manager
- H&S Inductions for all site personnel.
- Attendance at and reporting at site meetings.
- Liaise with architects, engineers, surveyors and senior management.
- Any other duties relating to efficient management of the project.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Degree qualified in Engineering / Construction Management / Project Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in site management with Main Contractor
- Excellent verbal and written English with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the Company
- Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation
- Highly Computer Literate.
- Possess strong planning, organisational and team work skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Should be honest, flexible, hardworking, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The role would suit an enthusiastic, hardworking, hands on and motivated individual.
This will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the right individual with a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.