Our client, a growing Civil Engineering Contractor based in Bedfordshire have an immediate requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to work on projects around London and the South East.
Our client specialises in Demolition, Earthworks, Bulk Excavation, Enabling Works and all types of Civil Engineering.
The Quantity Surveyor hired for this position will spend 3 to 4 days on site and 1 to 2 days in the Bedfordshire office.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation and issuing of draft invoices to Sales Ledger Department and advising of agreed valuations dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
- Preparation of claim documentation & information for submission to Clients/Consultants.
- Preparation of tender enquiry documents for the procurement of subcontractors.
- Understanding and advising on the terms and conditions of the main contract and subcontracts.
- Assist in the preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
- Preparation of financial reports.
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines.
- Margin Analysis reports.
- Commercial Analysis (final margin) forecasts and Cost to Complete forecasts.
- Cash Flow forecasts.
Experience and Qualifications:
- HNC, HND or Degree educated in Quantity Surveying (or related discipline)
- 3 years post grad working experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Have good working knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract.
- Have strong computer skills particularly in Microsoft Excel
This position will suit an ambitious Quantity Surveyor who is looking to join a progressive company.
An attractive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful person.
You may also like…