We are recruiting a Project Manager to work with an established civil engineering contractor on a large earthworks project in Africa. My client has over 30 years’ experience working throughout Africa on some of the largest civil engineering projects in the region.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate all activities on a remote civil construction project.
- Communication with Client.
- Programming and tracking.
- Business administration functions.
- Document Control.
- Coordination of setting out and quality control.
- Civil Engineering Degree (or similar)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Project Manager, with at least 2 years working on large infrastructure projects.
- Proven history of successfully completing projects to programme and budget.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
Beneficial Skills / Experience:
- Previous overseas experience.
- Experience working in remote locations.
- Interface experience with heavy plant
- Chartered or near Chartered Status.
- French language would be an advantage (not essential).
Salary – excellent basic salary (d.o.e), plus bonus (tax free,) flights, medical, vehicle and accommodation.
Single Status only. 2-year contract.