Our client, an established main contractor have a vacancy for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Duties / responsibilities
- Estimating Small Works Division construction projects under the supervision of Senior Quantity Surveyors.
- Purchasing duties for suppliers and subcontractors
- Assisting with Project Management Duties
- Assisting in the process of sub-contractor selection
- Payments to subcontractors
- Preparation of claims for variations, valuations and final accounts
- 3rd Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction Economics or similar
- 1+ years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor with a main building contractor.
- Strong IT Skills in MS Excel, Project, Word and Pricing packages
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of “Conquest” package an advantage
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Should be honest, flexible, hardworking, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team. The role would suit an enthusiastic, hands on and business minded individual.
This will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the right individual with a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.