We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer to work with an established general building contractor who are based in the Midlands and carry out all their work in the Midlands (no travelling to Dublin).
My client are a reputable, SafeTcert audited company who have reputation for the quality of their work, their safety record and client satisfaction. Their projects include new build, restoration and fit-outs in the residential, education, healthcare, industrial and commercial sectors.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of Construction Health & Safety plans.
- Site Inductions.
- Preparing Method Statements and Site Permits.
- Giving Toolbox Talks.
- Inspecting and auditing sites for compliance.
- Working with Site Managers to ensure satisfactory outcomes.
- Maintaining documentation in accordance with the company Safety Management System.
- Inspecting and managing sub-contractor documentation.
- Preparing all documentation for Safe-T-Cert audits.
- Managing training within the company.
- Ensuring all statutory inspections are carried out and documented.
- Carrying out accident investigations and completing reports.
- Preparing Safety File and BCAR files.
Qualifications and Skills required
- Diploma or Degree in Health & Safety.
- 3years + experience in Construction Industry
- Driving licence.
- Good organisational and teamwork skills
- Good communicator.
This position will suit an experienced Health and Safety Advisor who is looking for a long-term role, working in the Midlands.
Salary and benefits package will depend on experience.