Our client, an established main contractor has a vacancy for a Health and Safety Officer to work in the Dundalk area.
A Health and Safety related diploma or degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Site Audits of projects, in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the company Quality Management System & ISO 9001.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Environmental & Safety Management System & OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Implement policy and procedures on site.
- Preparation of Health Safety and Environmental Plans and Risk Assessments.
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
- Carry out Audits and reporting.
- Engage management and workers in safety matter and advise on the precautions that need to be taken to prevent incidents.
- Promote the Company aims of a healthy and incident and injury free workplace.
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment.
- Preparation and Co-ordination of H&S meetings.
- Approve documentation provided by all sub-contractors. Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
- Carry out Safety Inductions.
- Facilitation and mentoring of all onsite personnel.
- Input all safety information into the safety management system.
- Ensure staff and personnel are kept up to date with training and approved courses.
- Ensure staff and personnel and have up to date knowledge of H&S Legislation.
- Liaise with clients and attending meetings representing the company at all times.
- Evaluating, pro-actively improving techniques for the control of environment and safety.
- Effective communication and implementation of site rules & company health and safety policies
- Follow safe working practices and procedures, including receiving near miss reporting and logging of all incidents.
- Recognising hazards and risks and reporting them, developing safe systems of work from risk assessments and implement safety behavioural methods of work.
- Timely and accurate administration of Incident reporting process and safety related action.
- Environmental management and reporting.
- Work and liaise with HSEQ Manager & Company Directors.
- Suggest improvements to ensure the company policies and procedures meet the needs of the organisation and statutory safety and environmental obligations.
- Elevate awareness of environmental and sustainability matters throughout the company.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful person.