We are recruiting a Health & Safety Manager for an established Meath based general construction company.
My client is looking for an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with a proven track record in a Safety role with a Main Contractor.
• Ensure compliance with all EHS legislation
• Preparation of Job Specific Safety Plans
• Notifications (AF2) to HSA
• Preparation of Method Statements
• Preparation of Risk Assessments
• Work Permit Applications
• Site Visits / Inspections / Audits
• Subcontractor Safety Reviews
• Induction Talks
• Toolbox Talks
• Compilation of Safety Files and control of documentation for BCMS system
• Employee Safety Training Reviews
• Organising appropriate external employee safety training
• Control of First Aid / PPE Stocks
• Control of Equipment - engraving, recording, inspecting. Managing Hilti “On track” Asset Management system.
• Control of relevant Inspections: Teleporter, Harnesses, Fire Extinguishers, Vehicles etc
• Attendance at and reporting at site meetings where relevant.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with some elements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality procedures.
• Preparation / compilation of various elements of Pre-Qualification packages.
• Other various Miscellaneous duties as requested by H&S Director
Environmental and Health & Safety Medium Term Goals
• Analyse, review, and update the current procedures and policies
• Increase employee engagement with Health and Safety Systems through internal training
• Implement the ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 systems
• Conduct in house training necessary for staff to comply with above • Control the day to day operation of these systems once in place
• Full Clean Driving Licence & Own Transport
• Relevant third level H&S Qualification
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in H&S in Construction, ideally with Main Contractor
• Be knowledgeable of standards above and capable of implementing them from scratch with some direction from H&S Director.
• Knowledgeable of BCAR requirements involved in preparing Job Safety Files / Handover Documentation
• Excellent verbal and written English with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the Company
• Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation
• Highly Computer Literate. Auto CAD skills would be an advantage
• Possess strong planning, organisational and team work skills
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Should be honest, flexible, hardworking, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• The role would suit an enthusiastic, hardworking, hands on and motivated individual.
This will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the right individual with a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.