We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to work with a leading main contractor, this position can be based out of their offices in Dublin or Galway.
Our client is a leading, award winning construction company.
This position will suit an experienced Health and Safety Manger, or it may also suit someone who has relevant experience who is looking for their first management position.
- Management of all Health and Safety activities within the company.
- Management, development and coordination of the Health and Safety team.
- Provide guidance on Health and Safety Legislation.
- Lead in the development of Health and Safety systems and ensure the company is in compliance with regulations.
- Research and implementing new safe systems of work and working procedures.
- Drive continual improvement of Health and Safety performance.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the Health and Safety systems to ensure to continuous improvement of the system.
- Ensure compliance to safe working practices from implementation through to enforcement.
- Liaise with relevant statutory bodies and consultants regarding Health and Safety matters.
- Work with the site management teams, site safety representatives and workforce to manage Health and Safety.
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported both internally and externally as necessary.
- Management of Health and Safety documentation and ensuring Integrated Management System is updated.
- Manage and co-ordinate the development, review, update and issuing of Health and Safety documentation as necessary.
- Ensure all new equipment, contractors and visitors to site comply with legislation and audits are conducted to check compliance.
- Deliver training and coaching on key Health and Safety topics as necessary
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by company directors, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
- Holder of a relevant Health and Safety degree or diploma.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Health & Safety roles, ideally with main contractors.
- Team player and ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
An industry leading salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful person.