Our client is an established building and civil engineering contractor based in Hertfordshire. They specialise in reinforced concrete, underpinning, structural alterations and complete turnkey packages on high-end residential projects. They have a reputation for the quality of projects, the service their clients receive and their excellent health and safety record.
Due to continued success my client has a vacancy for an experienced Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor to join their senior management team.
There will be the opportunity of a directorship and profit share for the right person.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Quantity Surveying.
• Working with the MD to set Individual and project targets.
• Recruiting, training, mentoring and development of staff.
• Providing commercial and contractual advice and guidance.
• Reviewing commercial plans to deliver maximum margin.
• Reviewing commercial procedures and improving if necessary.
• Managing monthly commercial audits.
• Managing mediation / adjudication claims.
• Procurement and management of sub-contracts.
• Monthly reviews of contract results and performance.
• Ensuring timely submittal of valuations.
• Maximising monthly valuations.
• Claims preparation.
• Claims and final account negotiation and settlement.
• Ensure full compliance with Commercial procedures.
• Working with the management team to ensure projects are commercially successful.
Knowledge & experience:
• The successful applicant will be an experienced Commercial Manager, coming from a contracting background.
• The successful applicant will hold a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
• Good IT Skills.
• Excellent communicator.
An excellent salary and remuneration package will be offered to the successful person.